Steps to forming a Community Based Compassion Ministry
- Pray for God’s leading – Make this central throughout each step in developing the ministry.
- Form a committee of people who have a heart for this ministry (5-7). Don’t forget to pray.
- Identify your mission and establish a target group and identify their needs (i.e. foster care children from the local county, Boy’s Club, children from local schools). Don’t forget to pray.
- Decide how you can best serve these children and their families based on need and your budget (monthly, quarterly, semi-annually or yearly). Don’t forget to pray.
- Develop a service plan on how to get children involved in your progam and how many you are able to serve based on your budget. Don’t forget to pray.
- Put your information on your website and draft a brochure or printed flyer to distribute to community agencies. Don’t forget to pray.
Please feel free to contact us for support through this process. We are part of your team.
Download our Grant Application Form
Lend a Helping Hand to a Foster Child
Become a Caring Sponsor
The foster care system is a response to child abuse and neglect in this country. With thousands of youth spending time in foster care across the country each year, it can be difficult to ensure that the needs of every child are met with the best plan to secure their safety and stability.
Although caregivers of foster children receive a subsidy to help with the care of the children in their care, it is rarely enough to cover all of a child's needs which means there are times when additional assistance is need to fill the gap. The plan works best when volunteers and donors offer their time, talent and finances to help meet the needs of these children.
Become a caring sponsor along with People to People Ministries in supplementing the needs of disadvantage children. Together let’s make an investment that will give children hope for a productive future. Use this opportunity to shape a life.
One hundred percent of all funds received from donors will be used to support the needs of children. If you have any questions, please contact us. Thank you in advance for becoming a caring sponsor. Please fill in your sponsorship information below.
Become a Sponsor
Emergency Food Assistance
Currently, there are over 800 million people in the world who do not have enough to eat. And another 2 billion people live without reliable access to a sufficient quantity of affordable, nutritious food that allows them to remain healthy and lead an active live. They are food insecure.
Although the United States is a country with of wealth and abundance there are millions of people struggling with hunger. In every community you will find hungry people. Organizations are working to reduce hunger and food insecurity around the world.
People to People Ministries (PPM), is committed to helping one family at a time by making food available to families facing hunger through a network of programs like:
- Emergency Food Bag for families (seniors and those with children) in need the bags contain three to five days-worth of food with special emphasis on fresh produce and healthy food items.
- Healthy Snack Packs/Box for needy children in local schools who need food. 25-50 healthy snack packs for children once a quarter.
People from all walks of life can become food insecure; many Americans are just one financial check away from being hungry. It takes all of us to work together to help our neighbors, one meal at a time.
Food insecurity is defined as not having reliable access to a sufficient quantity of affordable, nutritious food that allows a person to remain healthy and lead an active life.
Winter Coat Drive 4 Children in Need
By the end of September, the weather changes and the need for winter coats increases for children. From September to January People to People Ministries provides the warmth of winter coats for children in need.
People to People Ministries partners with compassionate individuals AND community organizations, to provide assistance to underserved children.
Become a caring donor providing food, coats and support to children and families in need all year long.
ALL donations to People to People Ministries (PPM) are tax-deductible. Every dollar helps provide a needy child with the gift of joy in receiving a new winter coat.
One hundred per cent of your donation goes directly to support the charitable activity for which it is designated.