Carrot Sweet Bread
Great alternative to banna bread using carrots and walnuts.
- ½ cup warm water
- 2 tablespoons activating yeast or Ener-G leavening agent in place of the yeast
- 2 teaspoons honey
- ½ cup organic soy milk
- 1½ cup finely grated carrots
- 1½ teaspoons grated orange rind
- ½ cup cold-pressed olive oil
- ¾ cup honey (less if preferred)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- pinch of anise (optional)
- ½ cup chopped walnuts
- 1 teaspoon maple flavoring
- 1½ teaspoons coriander
- 2 to 2½ cups whole wheat flour
- ¾ teaspoon salt
- ¼ cup coconut
- Combine warm water, yeast, and honey, and let stand until mixture bubbles.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Mix all dry ingredients minus the flour and coconut. Separately blend or mix well the wet ingredients and combine wet with the dry ingredients. Add and mix in all other ingredients excluding the flour and coconut.
- Stir flour into the combined moist mixture, pour quickly into oiled pan.
- Sprinkle coconut on top and let stand 10 to 15 minutes in a warm place.
- Bake for 45 to 60 minutes.