- 4 medium potatoes, cooked and mashed. Mash potatoes with about 1/4 cup
- 2 cups Country Gravy, or Mushroom Gravy, or Italian Sauce
- 1 onion, coarsely chopped
- 3 carrots, thinly sliced
- 1 green pepper
- 1/2 pound broccoli, cut into florets
- 1/4 pound green beans, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 bunch spinach, torn into bite-sized pieces
Steam vegetables (except spinach) about 15 minutes, until crisp-tender. Remove from heat. Stir in spinach and 2 cups gravy. Spoon this filling into a 9" x 12" baking dish. Sprinkle with a small amount of paprika. Bake 30 minutes at 350°.
Add 1/2 pound Brussel sprouts when they are available. Use favorite vegetables for filling, cut into bite-sized pieces. Use about 8 cups of chopped vegetables. If prepared ahead, add 15 minutes to your baking time. Use leftover vegetables, added to others after they have been steamed.