This is a delicious healthy waffle recipe with no refined grains or refined beans that are quite fluffy and light.
- 1 cup soy bean flour
- 2 cups garbanzo bean flour
- 1 cup rolled oats
- 1 cup whole wheat flour
- ½ cup ground sunflower seeds
- ¼ cup ground flax seeds
- 2 tsp salt
- 2 Tbsp aluminum free baking powder
- ¼ cup oil
- 6 cups water
- Mill the beans in a grain mill before starting or buy pre-ground flour and store in freezer. Bean flour does not need to be pre-cooked. ¾ cup of dry beans will yield about 1 cup of flour.
- Grinding flax and sunflower seeds works best in an electric coffee grinder. A blender can also work.
- Place all dry ingredients into a large mixing bowl and mix well.
- Add in oil.
- Add in enough water to give a good waffle batter thickness. It should pour off the spoon but not splash into the bowl.
- Make waffles according to your waffle iron's instructions and enjoy.