Cowboy Oatmeal Cookies
This is a legendary oatmeal cookie that really is delicious and full of good stuff.
- 2 cups quick oats
- 2 cups whole wheat flour
- 1 tsp baking soda
- ½ tsp salt
- ½ tsp baking powder
- ⅔ cup conola or peanut oil
- ¾ cup brown sugar
- ½ cup nondairy milk
- 1 Tbsp ground flax seeds
- 1 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 1 cup sredded coconut
- 1 cup semisweet chocolate chips
- 1 cup chopped toasted pecan pieces
- Prehead oven to 350° F
- Line two baking sheets with parchment paper
- In a medium bowl, stir together oats, flour, baking sode, baking powder, and salt.
- In another bowl, beat together oil, sugar, milk, flax seeds, and vanilla
- Fold in the flour mixture, chocolate, pecans, and coconut
- For each cookie, drop ¼ cup of dough onto cookie sheets. The dough will be sticky and thick. Leave about two inches between cookies. Flatten slightly with moistened fingers or spatula.
- Bake for 14-16 min. until edges start to brown.