A delicious and easy legume soup to prepare!
- 1 cup dry lentils
- 5 cups water
- 1 tablespoon salt, (or VegeSal)
- ⅛ teaspoon thyme
- ⅛ teaspoon oregano
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 carrot, grated or chopped
- ¼ cup parsley, minced (optional)
- 1 large potato, chopped (or 2 medium red potatoes)
- 3 tablespoons oil
- 1 - 15 oz. can tomatoes, diced (or 1 or 2 chopped tomatoes)
Cooking items needed
- large pot
- wooden spoon
- food chopper (optional)
- grater (optional)
- potato peeler
- Rinse the lentils in cool water and drain.
- Put lentils in pot and add 5 cups of water.
- Add chopped onion, carrot, minced parsley, chopped potato, oil, diced tomatoes and seasonings to the lentils.
- Bring to a boil, cover, reduce the heat to low and cook for 45 minutes or until tender.
Delicious served with corn bread or whole wheat rolls/bread.