Tabbouleh is the perfect recipe for millet. What is great about tabbouleh is how fresh tasting it is because of the volume of freshly chopped raw veggies and herbs.
- 1 cup millet, rinsed
- 2 cups filtered water
- 1 tsp celtic sea salt
- ⅓ cup extra virgin olive oil
- 2 Tbsp lemon juice
- 1 large garlic clove, crushed
- 1 ½ cups roma tomatoes, diced small (3-4 romas)
- 1 ½ cups cucumber, diced small (almost 1 cuke)
- 3 green onions, sliced finely
- 1 ½ cups fresh parsley, chopped small
- ¾ cups fresh cilantro, chopped small
- ½ tsp sea salt flakes
- In a medium sauce pan bring water to boil, add millet and then reduce heat to low, simmering with lid on for 18-20 mins.
- Remove from heat, and fluff with fork and allow to cool with lid off for 30-60 mins. Texture should be firm but not crunchy and neither mushy.
- Combine olive oil, lemon juice and crushed garlic and allow to stand.
- Chop veggies as per above descriptions and place in a large bowl.
- Add millet when it is completely cool
- Pour dressing over mixture and toss well seasoning with sea salt to taste.
- Garnish with parsley or mint and serve at room temp or chilled.