Raisin Oat Scones
This is a hearty scone recipe that is tasty and filling. A good breakfast or supper item.
- 2 cups rolled oats
- 2 cups whole wheat flour
- 1 cup white flour
- 2 Tbsp brown sugar or molasses
- 1 ½ tsp salt
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1 cup raisins
- 1 Tbps lemon juice
- ⅔ cup vegetable oil
- 1 cup water
- Combine dry ingredients, including raisins, into a mixing bowl. Stir them until well mixed.
- Add in lemon juice, oil, and water and mix well.
- Grab dough and form 2 in. diameter balls in your hands.
- Place them on a cookie sheet and press down until half the hight.
- Alternately, roll out dough and cut like a pizza.
- Bake in oven at 450° F for 10-12 min. Place an empty cookie sheet on the shelf below it to keep the bottoms of the scones from burning so easily.