Scottish flapjacks are more like bars than pancakes. This is a healthy version with less oil and sugar and healthy seeds added.
- 4 cups old-fashioned rolled oats
- 4 Tbsp ground flax seed
- 4 Tbsp ground coconut flakes
- ¼ cup sunflower seeds
- ½ cup raisins
- 3 Tbsp molasses
- ½ tsp salt
- 3 Tbsp vegetable oil
- Pour rolled oats into a glass or metal bowl and add water enough to come up just below the service of the oats. Place in microwave oven and cook for about 2 min. depending on the power of your oven. Water should be mostly soaked up after cooking.
- Add in other ingredients and mix well.
- Spray a 10x6 in casserole dish with oil. Empty contents of bowl mixture into casserole dish and pack down and smooth out with a large spoon or spatula.
- Bake in oven at 350° F for 20 min. Turn off oven and leave food in the oven for another 10 min.
- Remove from oven and cut into bars with a knife.