Sweet Potato Flatbread
An easy yeast and baking powder free plant-based sweet potato flatbread recipe made with just 4 ingredients.
- 2 cups whole wheat flour
- 1.5 cups mashed sweet potatoes
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon oil
- Pressure cook, boil, or steam sweet potatoes until they are very soft. I prefer pressure cooking as it retains maximum flavor and sweetness. I pressure cook mine for 10 min. after the pot reaches max pressure. Add about 1 inch of water in bottom of pot when cooking.
- Allow potatoes to cool. Cooking the night before is best.
- In a mixing bowl, add about 1.5 cups of sweet potatoes without skins. Mash with potato masher or fork.
- Once mashed, add in enough flour to make a not too sticky dough consistency.
- Squeeze and knead dough until it is all in a nice ball.
- Grab and make a ball of dough large enough to fill a tablespoon. Practice with different amounts.
- Press by hand or in a tortilla press with plastic on top and bottom.
- Place on 350° F griddle and cook until slightly brown on both sides. Cook on both sides.
- Serve and enjoy